Friday, August 12, 2011

All you wanted to know about Kate Moss's wedding, courtesy of US Vogue

The American edition of Vogue releases Mario Testino's exclusive official pictures of the supermodel's nuptials to musician Jamie Hince in its September issue. Here are the best quotes from the accompanying article.

On why the British TV show My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding made Moss finally say yes at the age of 37:

"I am so romantic about gypsies," Kate explains. "They're not allowed to do anything until they get married. So they all get married really young, at sixteen. You can't believe the dresses. They're like blinging butterflies times ten; they can't move down the aisle! It's so genius. I was just watching Jamie, so cute, and I was like, these girls, they just spend their whole life waiting for that day - let's do it!"

On developing into a "bridezilla" during her wedding preparations:

"Let's put it this way. If I didn't have my friends . . . I don't know how people do it. I've had big birthday parties, and I've thrown parties for other people, but this is a completely different thing. It's the Met Ball! Because you have to look at every piece of cutlery; the details are intense. And then you wake up thinking about the ballet shoes for the girls; is the satin ribbon right? I've gone mental. Jamie thinks I'm mad, asking, ‘Are you gonna be all right? After the wedding, I'm hoping you'll get back to normal!'"

On her John Galliano wedding dress, author Hamish Bowles writes:

"[They] discussed everything on the phone, and then, when John was out of rehab for the first of four marathon fittings, he brought her 'bags full of bits, and pulled tulle and sequins and veils and flowers out. And then we just kind of pinned things together, like the old days, you know?' The skirts are symbolically licked with the beaded plumes of a mythical phoenix, 'delicate and defiant, like Kate.'"

"She dared me to be John Galliano again," the designer added. "I couldn't pick up a pencil. It's been my creative rehab."

On how it was received:

"When Kate's father, Peter, thanks John Galliano for 'the beautiful dress,' every guest stands in a spontaneous ovation, and John's eyes well up."

On Moss's way down the aisle:

"Just before Moss, ever the model, sets off to her wedding church she requests 'a few words, a story to inspire her -- she loves a bit of direction!' Galliano says. 'I told her, "You have a secret - you are the last of the English roses - and when he lifts your veil he's going to see your wanton past!"'"



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...